News
news New Mexico pharmacists to prescribe anti-overdose drug
news Accident could revolutionize energy storage
news Insects Discovered With Reversed Sexual Organs
news FCC to Propose New and Weak 'Net Neutrality' Rules
news Major Biological Discovery…Inside the Chernobyl Reactor??
news Cow-milking robots make farmers, animals happier
news Dutch scramble jets after Russian bombers approach
news Russia hints at armed 'response' if Ukraine interests attacked
news NASA Chief: Sending manned mission to Mars is 'absolutely necessary' for the survival of the human race
news Rise of the robots: Humans will compete with droids for jobs by 2040, study claims
news Bizarre Phenomenon: People Seem to Turn Off Streetlights With Their Bodies

• 5
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 07:38 PM

Post: #1
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
It's a 2 year old laptop on a high speed connection getting 4 or 5 out of 5 bars. I've run various scan programs, but now I can't even play a song on youtube without it stalling.
Any ideas?
Tissue

LoP Guest
User ID: 27152
03-23-2013 07:42 PM

Post: #2
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:38 PM)
Any ideas?
Tissue

Yup. By chance are you watching a Vevo sponsored video?
ALLCAPSNAME
User ID: 60171
03-23-2013 07:43 PM

Post: #3
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
Problems with flash player on older browsers lately.
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 07:45 PM

Post: #4
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:42 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:38 PM)
Any ideas?
Tissue

Yup. By chance are you watching a Vevo sponsored video?

well as we all know by now,vevo sucks, and that used to happen on vevo before, and i hate fukn vevo...but now it's happening to regular youtube, tv, and movies...
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 07:46 PM

Post: #5
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:43 PM)
Problems with flash player on older browsers lately.

it's happening on chrome, ie, and firefox, tried them all. Windows 7.
I've tried the disabling of the old flash after upgrading, and vice versa. Problem remains.
LoP Guest
User ID: 153181
03-23-2013 07:48 PM

Post: #6
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:38 PM)
Any ideas?
Tissue

Shitty flash bug is shitty. Just download what you want and watch it offline.
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 07:49 PM

Post: #7
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
I visit "conspiracy sites" and wonder if "they" could've f*cked me over with some program that the virus sweepers can't find...anyone else experiencing this problem?
ALLCAPSNAME
User ID: 60171
03-23-2013 07:50 PM

Post: #8
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:46 PM)
ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:43 PM)
Problems with flash player on older browsers lately.

it's happening on chrome, ie, and firefox, tried them all. Windows 7.

How much ram do you have? Older rigs seem to have trouble keeping up with the constant and unnecessary updates they do almost weekly. Try clearing your page file if you're low on ram and trying to watch vids while having a couple tabs open. Just google it, otherwise it's time for an upgrade... Planned obsolescence is a batch. Maybe someone else will be able to help.
Kanigo2
User ID: 97971
03-23-2013 07:52 PM

Post: #9
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:49 PM)

Ive been coming to these sites for years, had a couple issue many many years ago with the sites themselves.

The really dangerous shit I have gotten has come from hypertextlinks provided in threads.

----that and MSM news websites--no troll.

But as far as the forums? They are pretty inert except for the tracking cookies and some of the java scripts.
Bond, James Bond
Licensed to kill
User ID: 007
03-23-2013 07:52 PM

Post: #10
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:42 PM)
Yup. By chance are you watching a Vevo sponsored video?

I recently tried to watch Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep' video from Vevo. It apparently had copyright issues for it to be viewed in the US.

In other words... It didn't play.

Not a good way get the ball rolling on this Vevo video service.
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 07:54 PM

Post: #11
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:48 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:38 PM)
Any ideas?
Tissue

Shitty flash bug is shitty. Just download what you want and watch it offline.

I never download cuz i'm afraid of the copyright laws. Maybe I'm paranoid.
When I go to sites like movie2k.to to watch, they want me to download, and upgrade my flash player. I went to the real Adobe flash site, and I have the latest version. I don't want to download the crap that simply has the red "F" and no real affiliation with adobe. I get the message every time that I need to "upgrade my flash player", even though I have the latest official version. I figure that's an invitation for viruses and trash, so I don't. I can usually get the program on, but it stalls.
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 07:56 PM

Post: #12
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:50 PM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:46 PM)
ALLCAPSNAME  Wrote: (03-23-2013 07:43 PM)
Problems with flash player on older browsers lately.

it's happening on chrome, ie, and firefox, tried them all. Windows 7.

I know how to clear the cache, but how do you clear the page file? Thanks for your replies everyone.
Helen Keller
Registered User
User ID: 90229
03-23-2013 08:00 PM

Posts: 6,281

Post: #13
strictly down to youselesstube, again

(be sure to read all the comments - most informative)
LoP Guest
User ID: 157660
03-23-2013 08:33 PM

Post: #14
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
Helen Keller  Wrote: (03-23-2013 08:00 PM)
strictly down to youselesstube, again

(be sure to read all the comments - most informative)

Thanks HK, still reading but here is some relevant passages, trying to comprehend with beerbloat Scream1
The internet layer offers plenty of scope for injection of latency all of its own—and this isn't just a few milliseconds here and there for signals to move around the world. You can get seconds of latency without the packets of data going anywhere.

The culprit here is Moore's Law, the rule of thumb stating that transistor density doubles every 18 months or so. This doubling has the consequence that RAM halves in price—or becomes twice as large—every 18 months. While RAM was once a precious commodity, today it's dirt cheap. As a result, systems that once had just a few kilobytes of RAM are now blessed with copious megabytes.

Normally, this is a good thing. Sometimes, however, it's disastrous. A widespread problem with IP networks tends more to the disastrous end of the spectrum: bufferbloat.

Network traffic tends to be bursty. Click a link on a webpage and you'll do lots of traffic as your browser fetches the new page from the server, but then the connection will be idle for a while as you read the new page. Network infrastructure—routers, network cards, that kind of thing—all has to have a certain amount of buffering to temporarily hold packets before transmitting them to handle this bursty behavior and smooth over some of the peaks. The difficult part is getting those buffers the right size. A lot of the time, they're far, far too big.

That sounds counter-intuitive, since normally when it comes to memory, bigger means better. As a general rule, the network connection you have locally, whether wired or wireless, is a lot faster than your connection to the wider Internet. It's not too unusual to have gigabit local networking with just a megabit upstream bandwidth to the 'Net, a ratio of 1,000:1.

Thanks again to Moore's Law (making it ridiculously cheap to throw in some extra RAM), the DSL modem/router that joins the two networks might have several megabytes of buffer in it. Even a megabyte of buffer is a problem. Imagine you're uploading a 20MB video to YouTube, for example. A megabyte of buffer will fill in about eight milliseconds, because it's on the fast gigabit connection. But a megabyte of buffer will take eight seconds to actually upload to YouTube.

If the only traffic you cared about was your YouTube connection, this wouldn't be a big deal. But it normally isn't. Normally you'll leave that tediously slow upload to churn away in one tab while continuing to look at cat pictures in another tab. Here's where the problem bites you: each request you send for a new cat picture will get in the same buffer, at the back. It will have to wait for the megabyte of traffic in front of it to be uploaded before it can finally get onto the Internet and retrieve the latest Maru. Which means it has to wait eight seconds. Eight seconds in which your browser can do nothing bit twiddle its thumbs.

Eight seconds to load a webpage is bad; it's an utter disaster when you're trying to transmit VoIP voice traffic or Skype video.
LoP Guest
User ID: 156233
03-23-2013 08:42 PM

Post: #15
Lately my computer stops buffering on youtube, didn't used to happen, why?
I'm just going to say it as I see it. Adobe flash is used as a government computer surveillance backdoor. This is with the collusion of NSA google, When you become "marked" or come across certain youtubes that are posted on government conspiracy honeypots, surveillance backdoors are opened into your OS with the aid of flash. These backdoors end up opening a ton of surveillance connections that have lots of traffic going through them. This traffic ends up pausing/stopping your normal youtube video play.

I do not know how to fix this on a normal Windows machine but I do know that if you use certain very old versions of flash on linux that you can remedy most of this. At least some of the spy/surveillance codes won't have affect and instead of working as they intend just end up crashing flash instead.

Take it for what you will and keep in mind where you are as far as the explanations given.
Quote this message in a reply

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication
HiFi High-End Audio PSUs for Laptops, Netbooks, Phono Preamps, USB Cables.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS 2.1