News
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons
news How plants reclaimed Chernobyl's poisoned land
news First Robot Arm Controlled by Thought Alone
news By 2050, many U.S. cities will have weather like they’ve never seen
news The Unexplained Mystery Boom Phenomenon Continues Worldwide
news Scientists fear end to Mankind not 'decades away' but 'much sooner'
news Whitley Strieber reflects on his career
news 12-Year-Old Builds Fusion Reactor in His Family's Playroom
news Scientists build 'self-aware' robot able to repair itself
news Startup Plans to Send Pregnant Woman into Space to Give Birth

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Whoo Hoo. I just spent 8 hours fixing an old computer and finally got it working
Dracula
^;;^
User ID: 295522
06-16-2019 12:24 AM

banana Whoo Hoo. I just spent 8 hours fixing an old computer and finally got it working
Advertisement
Whoo Hoo. I just spent 8 hours fixing an old computer and finally got it working.

I had an old computer running windows 7 that had crashed two months ago. I worked on from time to time, but today with it being rainy and not much else to do, I worked through all the troubleshooting techniques I could think of.
It kept giving me an error saying "windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing."

So I sat an pondered, since there was no disk in it, and no USB drive in use. Then I opened up the CD disk on the side, blew some compressed air into it, cleaned the sensor. moved the sensor back and forth on the track, then tried a system restore again.

THEN......Voilà!!! SUCCESS! that little bugger was the culprit. I'm so relieved to be able to fix it finally.

chuckle
Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 504340
06-16-2019 12:26 AM

RE: Whoo Hoo. I just spent 8 hours fixing an old computer and finally got it working
That is f*cking amazing! PC TECH DRACULOSERNOOB!

You have the best name. Why? Because hunting is FUN! FUN FUN FUN!

Batboy
He Man
Another day in paradise
User ID: 426524

RE: Whoo Hoo. I just spent 8 hours fixing an old computer and finally got it working
5*

Good news, nice to get it running again. Cheer

Making LOP Great again since 06-07-2013!

[Image: kvpPqmc.jpg]
by @TonkaOBrien
PopEye
Have You Had Spinach Today?
User ID: 436592

Congratulations!

You now have a working old computer.

Non Sequitur
LoP Guest
lop guest
06-16-2019 12:27 AM

He Man  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:26 AM)
5*

How long have you been a cheerleader for? I mean, aren't you too old for that?
LoP Guest
lop guest
06-16-2019 12:29 AM

PopEye  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:26 AM)
Congratulations!

I ALREADY STILL HAD A WORKING OLD COMPUTER!

It is atleast 32gbhz of organon powers.
Dracula
^;;^
User ID: 295522
06-16-2019 12:31 AM

Thanks everyone for the thumbs up. I don't know that much about computers but I am learning. I am not afraid to tackle anything. If someone else can learn how to do it, so can I. chuckle
LoP Guest
lop guest
06-16-2019 12:31 AM

"Peripathetics"

It's on the horizon...
LoP Guest
lop guest
06-16-2019 12:33 AM

Dracula  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:31 AM)
Thanks everyone for the thumbs up. I don't know that much about computers but I am learning. I am not afraid to tackle anything. If someone else can learn how to do it, so can I. chuckle

Dude, if you tackle things too often, your shoulders will get hurt. Then you won't be able to lift. That's bad. Think about it. Smoke weed instead. Trust me, I know, I used to play 10-12.
He Man
Another day in paradise
User ID: 426524
06-16-2019 12:48 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:27 AM)
He Man  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:26 AM)
5*

How long have you been a cheerleader for? I mean, aren't you too old for that?

I am fairly spry for late 50's. Jhikpghf

Never was a cheerleader but I love the outfits. I thought the drill team/cheer uniforms in middle/high school were some cosmic gift to the the middle school boys like myself. Blink

One more reason to stay in school.

Making LOP Great again since 06-07-2013!

[Image: kvpPqmc.jpg]
by @TonkaOBrien
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2019 12:49 AM by He Man.) Quote this message in a reply
PopEye
Have You Had Spinach Today?
User ID: 436592
06-16-2019 12:49 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:29 AM)
PopEye  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:26 AM)
Congratulations!

I ALREADY STILL HAD A WORKING OLD COMPUTER!

It is atleast 32gbhz of organon powers.

chuckle

Non Sequitur
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 424701
06-16-2019 12:51 AM

Many a good tune left in an old fiddle.
LoP Guest
lop guest
06-16-2019 12:52 AM

So, just to summarize, what would "that little bugger" be?
Vesper Topia
lop guest
User ID: 450839
06-16-2019 12:54 AM

This is like my Garfield days.
Standard protocol
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 375078
06-16-2019 12:56 AM

Dracula  Wrote: (06-16-2019 12:24 AM)
Whoo Hoo. I just spent 8 hours fixing an old computer and finally got it working.

I had an old computer running windows 7 that had crashed two months ago. I worked on from time to time, but today with it being rainy and not much else to do, I worked through all the troubleshooting techniques I could think of.
It kept giving me an error saying "windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing."

So I sat an pondered, since there was no disk in it, and no USB drive in use. Then I opened up the CD disk on the side, blew some compressed air into it, cleaned the sensor. moved the sensor back and forth on the track, then tried a system restore again.

THEN......Voilà!!! SUCCESS! that little bugger was the culprit. I'm so relieved to be able to fix it finally.

chuckle

Yep ... the dust
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication