News
news New biometric database can identify people through scars, tattoos and even their voice
news Cattle Are Being Mutilated And Killed In Eastern Oregon
news Insider Interview on Skinwalker Ranch History
news Squirrels Can Speak Bird
news US Navy pilot says mystery ‘dark mass’ emerged from ocean and swallowed torpedo
news Cognitive scientist says we see things as we need to, rather than as they are.
news A Movie You Control With Your Mind
news Radioactive Cloud That Blanketed Europe Traced to Russian Nuclear Facility
news Organization Says It’s Obtained ‘Exotic’ Metals Unknown to Science
news The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
news Recent UFO Encounters With Navy Pilots Occurred Constantly Across Multiple Squadrons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

People who live near water: post pics of sea level rise due to global warming
Strategos
Against Dystopia
User ID: 453968
07-22-2019 12:03 AM

People who live near water: post pics of sea level rise due to global warming
Advertisement
Hehe. Popcorn

lewrockwell.com
whatreallyhappened.com
mises.org
thunderbolts.info
Quote this message in a reply
Strategos
Against Dystopia
07-22-2019 12:04 AM

RE: People who live near water: post pics of sea level rise due to global warming
Got to be somebody with a dock in the backyard, or works at a marina...

lewrockwell.com
whatreallyhappened.com
mises.org
thunderbolts.info
Strategos
Against Dystopia
07-22-2019 12:05 AM

RE: People who live near water: post pics of sea level rise due to global warming
Any second now... this thread will be inundated with pics of houses that are rendered unlivable due to global warming and rising sea levels.

lewrockwell.com
whatreallyhappened.com
mises.org
thunderbolts.info
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019 12:05 AM by Strategos.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 506207
07-22-2019 12:10 AM

And that don't mean high tide chuckle
He Man
Another day in paradise
User ID: 426524
07-22-2019 12:17 AM

I have lived on Puget Sound for much of my life and the water is definitely getting higher and more and more beach erosions and landslides are happening from higher sea levels and higher tides.

A section of stairs I used to get to the beach at the local park is now gone and my friends stairs to the beach have completely disintegrated from higher tides and beach erosion.

If the stairs or boat launches wash away completely, you can't get a permit to replace them now, because the county knows they will just wash away again and add more pollution to the bay.

Making LOP Great again since 06-07-2013!

"Oh My God. This is terrible. This is the End of my Presidency.
I'm F'ed."
Donald Trump: 2017

[Image: JLaazQI.gif]

Mexico will pay for the pitchforks.
He Man
Another day in paradise
07-22-2019 12:18 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:10 AM)
And that don't mean high tide chuckle

Higher sea levels are going to always have their worst effects at high tide, dude.

Grow some brains.

I'm F'ed."

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 507241
07-22-2019 12:19 AM

The last known location of my favourite pub before it was taken by global warming sea level rise..

https://i.imgur.com/zuRsUYU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0F8ipZa.jpg

Nlmsbnis
Strategos
Against Dystopia
07-22-2019 12:19 AM

He Man  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:17 AM)
I have lived on Puget Sound for much of my life and the water is definitely getting higher and more and more beach erosions and landslides are happening from higher sea levels and higher tides.

A section of stairs I used to get to the beach at the local park is now gone and my friends stairs to the beach have completely disintegrated from higher tides and beach erosion.

If the stairs or boat launches wash away completely, you can't get a permit to replace them now, because the county knows they will just wash away again and add more pollution to the bay.

Sounds like normal beach erosion.

I also live near water many of my friends live in nice neighborhoods where everyone has a dock in their backyard,

Absolutely no change.

lewrockwell.com
whatreallyhappened.com
mises.org
thunderbolts.info
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 442897
07-22-2019 12:20 AM

King_Tides are a thing.
Strategos
Against Dystopia
07-22-2019 12:32 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:19 AM)
The last known location of my favourite pub before it was taken by global warming sea level rise..

Nlmsbnis

The boaters inn? Sounds like it was built on the water.

[Image: 0F8ipZa]

lewrockwell.com
whatreallyhappened.com
mises.org
thunderbolts.info
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-22-2019 12:41 AM

Strategos  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:32 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:19 AM)

Nlmsbnis

link to image: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/0F8ipZa

Not in the water... until global warming. As you can see from the sign, it went under the waves with all hands. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them.
Strategos
Against Dystopia
07-22-2019 12:43 AM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:41 AM)
Strategos  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:32 AM)

link to image: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/0F8ipZa

Not in the water... until global warming. As you can see from the sign, it went under the waves with all hands. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them.

Went under the waves with all hands?

Was it a barge or something?

lewrockwell.com
whatreallyhappened.com
mises.org
thunderbolts.info
He Man
Another day in paradise
07-22-2019 12:44 AM

Strategos  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:19 AM)
He Man  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:17 AM)

Sounds like normal beach erosion.

I also live near water many of my friends live in nice neighborhoods where everyone has a dock in their backyard,

Absolutely no change.

You do understand that sea levels are rising, right? That is a fact.

AND: No this is not "normal", when I was a kid there was no noticeable "normal" beach erosions.

Here is the problem:

On the West Coast, Washington is most prone to sea level rise damage
Report by the Center for Climate Integrity shows multibillion-dollar cost of battling back the sea

"A report released Thursday by the Center for Climate Integrity shows that of all West Coast states, Washington is poised to bear the highest financial burden as it tries to shelter communities from a rising sea driven by climate change.

The report found that at a minimum, the U.S. faces more than $400 billion in costs over the next 20 years to defend coastal communities from sea level rise. The work will require more than 50,000 miles of coastal barriers in 22 states, representing at least 10 percent of all climate change adaptation costs to municipalities. However, this is a lowball estimate, according to the report, and would provide protection only for projected sea levels and annual storms.

Local planners will likely account for larger storms that have a .01 percent chance of striking any given year, known as 100-year storm events. This means that already costly price estimate will likely be far higher than $400 billion across the country. But on the West Coast, Washington is the most vulnerable, said Richard Wiles, director of the Center for Climate Integrity (CCI) in an email. The report said it would cost around $24 billion to protect the state’s shorelines.

“On the West Coast, Washington state stands out as the most costly state, more expensive than California, made vulnerable due to it’s extensive tidal shoreline in Puget Sound and related waters,” Wiles said. “In this respect Washington looks more like an East Coast state, with thousands of miles of tidal shoreline and a very large number of smaller communities and settlements in these tidal areas that need to be protected.”

The study additionally only looked at costs associated with protecting public infrastructure like roads, using these as a proxy to estimate private developments in coastal areas across the country. Fully protecting structures such as homes, churches and grocery stores could boost the price even higher. Researchers said the report was not meant to be a comprehensive cost estimate, but a ruler by which costs could be measured — a baseline estimate of sea level rise as the country moves into uncharted climate-affected waters.

Overall, Washington was ranked as the seventh most costly state in the U.S. Similar to East Coast states like Virginia or South Carolina, Washington has several small towns near the coast. Entire towns are at risk of being lost without protection.

In Washington state, the Quinault Nation village of Taholah is being relocated out of the path of a rising Pacific Ocean. The roughly 660 people living in the village are being relocated above projected sea level and flooding zones. Other places in the U.S. will need even more protection, including the state of Georgia, which will need its entire coastline protected by 2040, the report said. Washington state will need around 1,651 miles of protected coastline, either by sea walls or other means, according to the report.

Locally, King County is expected to spend at least $1.26 billion with other, smaller and less economically prosperous counties in the state paying even more.

No one-size-fits-all solution

David Michalsen, a coastal engineer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, said they are planning for sea level increase between 1 foot and 5 feet by 2100. However, sea level rise is not uniform across the state. Some places like Neah Bay are expected to be less at-risk than other areas of the state due to a process called glacial rebound, where land that used to be covered by glaciers in the last ice age continues to expand.

This won’t help other areas of the state like Southwest Washington or Central and South Puget Sound, which will be relatively more at-risk for sea level rise. However while Puget Sound could see the Pacific swell by 5 feet, lower risk areas like Neah Bay could rise up to 4 feet by 2100, according to the report."

More:
http://www.courierherald.com/news/on-the...se-damage/

I'm F'ed."

Uppity Me
User ID: 489634
07-22-2019 12:45 AM

borg RE: People who live near water: post pics of sea level rise due to global warming
better to leave your grand kids and great grand kids living in plastic filth and infection where everything is dead - don't ya think?

Quote:Les pauvres n'ont-ils des Euros ?
Alors laissez les pauvres 'sh*t' dans les rues
LoP Guest
lop guest
07-22-2019 12:49 AM

Strategos  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:43 AM)
LoP Guest  Wrote: (07-22-2019 12:41 AM)

Went under the waves with all hands?

Was it a barge or something?

No, it was a lovely riverside pub but it was swallowed by an incomming tide in 2014 taking everyone with it. Nobody has seen any trace of it since. They do say on a moonless night you can still hear the chinking of glasses.
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication