News
news Hot Spots: The San Luis Valley, CO/NM
news Could the universe itself be conscious ?
news Dead Satellites Could Be Blasted Out of Orbit With Powerful Magnetic Beams
news Amazon's delivery drones could soon live in giant hives, according to a bizarre new patent
news This Secret Catholic Exorcist Cult in Brazil Is Making a Deal With the Devil
news Roswell conspiracy theory: Expert claims UFO crash did happen
news A second sun dubbed 'Nemesis' once inhabited the Solar System, say scientists.
news China in quantum breakthrough
news Italian soil yields a new antibiotic that can fight drug-resistant bacteria
news More than 460 earthquakes recorded so far in Yellowstone Park swarm
news Jupiter Now Has 69 Moons

Username:
Password: or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average

Supreme Court: There is no ‘hate speech"
Karu
User ID: 356775
06-19-2017 08:27 PM

Supreme Court: There is no ‘hate speech"
Advertisement
[Image: 1497894866016.jpg]

SCOTUS is not having any of this "You're rights end where my feelings begin"...

snip:

From today’s opinion by Justice Samuel Alito (for four justices) in Matal v. Tam, the “Slants” case:

[The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend … strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volo...amendment/

If society fell apart, we - the people would build a new one. Most people are good at their core, and when we see things that are wrong we work to fix them together. Make friends with your neighbors, get involved with your community - because we will rebuild our lives, our communities, from horrible circumstances we always will.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2017 08:28 PM by Karu.) Quote this message in a reply

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 408339
06-19-2017 08:34 PM

RE: Supreme Court: There is no ‘hate speech"
This is a big victory for America!

CheerCheerCheer
Quote this message in a reply
Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 420517
06-19-2017 08:34 PM

About time....

The idea of "hate speech" was the communist lefts attack on the core principles of our republic...take down the 1st amendment and the second will fall quickly and then all the rest....

The 4th went out the window with "the Patriot Act" and NDAA...

The right to assemble was assaulted with HR 347 and the "restricted grounds" clause...

I'm not kidding...take a look at this (signed into law by Oloser March 8th, 2012) and tell me this is not an attack on the right to publicly assemble....it makes it much more difficult.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr347/text

I particularly like this part...

©In this section—
(1)the term restricted buildings or grounds means any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area—
(A)of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President’s official residence or its grounds;
(B)of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or
©of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and
(2)the term other person protected by the Secret Service means any person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined such protection.

So...it is refreshing that the SCOTUS is actually looking at the law for what it is....not what someone's "feelings" say it should be
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 396031
06-19-2017 08:36 PM

damn right!

it is not my job to monitor

your feelings and adjust my words

your feelings are yours alone to deal with

i dont cry when i am offended by your words

no, i go inside myself and find out why it offended me

but also know

i dont walk around being a f*cking dickhead
House of M
M Theory Cubed
User ID: 420458
06-19-2017 08:36 PM

I KNEW Damrod would love this! He LOVES to HATE!

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

Holy Mackerel Catman!

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 408339
06-19-2017 08:37 PM

I wonder if Californistan's Governor will make a statement of how Californistan will continue to prosecute hate speech before the evening news?
Karu
User ID: 356775
06-19-2017 08:40 PM

Damrod  Wrote: (06-19-2017 08:34 PM)
About time....

The idea of "hate speech" was the communist lefts attack on the core principles of our republic...take down the 1st amendment and the second will fall quickly and then all the rest....

The 4th went out the window with "the Patriot Act" and NDAA...

The right to assemble was assaulted with HR 347 and the "restricted grounds" clause...

I'm not kidding...take a look at this (signed into law by Oloser March 8th, 2012) and tell me this is not an attack on the right to publicly assemble....it makes it much more difficult.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr347/text

I particularly like this part...

©In this section—
(1)the term restricted buildings or grounds means any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area—
(A)of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President’s official residence or its grounds;
(B)of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or
©of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and
(2)the term other person protected by the Secret Service means any person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined such protection.

So...it is refreshing that the SCOTUS is actually looking at the law for what it is....not what someone's "feelings" say it should be

Victory indeed!

If society fell apart, we - the people would build a new one. Most people are good at their core, and when we see things that are wrong we work to fix them together. Make friends with your neighbors, get involved with your community - because we will rebuild our lives, our communities, from horrible circumstances we always will.
Askakido
User ID: 413604
06-19-2017 08:42 PM

Forget the WaPo

Why not go straight to the Supreme Court's own documents of this case and get the actual full text of this case's resolution.

Of course that would not allow for mega spinning and bullshitting.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 419264
06-19-2017 08:43 PM

House of M  Wrote: (06-19-2017 08:36 PM)
He LOVES to HATE!

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

Ffeskfbd
Olds Cool
Used Register
User ID: 385446
06-19-2017 08:45 PM

Great news.

Anything that does not agree with the SNOWFLAKE viewpoint is labeled as hate speech and ridiculed. The accusatory, intolerant Snowflakes are quick to judge and slow to love.

They are eager to blame while ignoring their own guilt. They readily condemn and remain blind to how they do the very thing of which they accuse others.

Who knows? Perhaps their attitudes have been shaped by their own hate speech more than they realize?

Instead of 'Hate The Trump' try 'Trump The Hate.

Good post and great job SCOTUS

I used an Occam Razor this morning.
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 361850
06-19-2017 08:45 PM

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

You are two sides of the same coin. chuckle
Damrod
Seeker of knowledge
User ID: 420517
06-19-2017 08:47 PM

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

I don't hate....I just strongly dislike certain things

I am just tired of the touchy feely crowd trying to impose their "perfect world" on everyone around them.

if you want to guard your words...fine...you are free to do so...I am also free to say what I have to say as direct and clear as I choose to do it.

let us be clear here...

freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence...you cannot threaten people...if you call someone a nasty name and they punch you in the face...you prob deserved it.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2017 08:48 PM by Damrod.) Quote this message in a reply
LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 415611
06-19-2017 08:49 PM

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

It's his god given right to hate anyone he chooses.
House of M
M Theory Cubed
User ID: 420458
06-19-2017 08:49 PM

Damrod  Wrote: (06-19-2017 08:47 PM)

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

I don't hate....I just strongly dislike certain things

I am just tired of the touchy feely crowd trying to impose their "perfect world" on everyone around them.

if you want to guard your words...fine...you are free to do so...I am also free to say what I have to say as direct and clear as I choose to do it.

let us be clear here...

freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence...you cannot threaten people...if you call someone a nasty name and they punch you in the face...you prob deserved it.

You replied without an insult! Nice job!!

Hugs

Holy Mackerel Catman!

LoP Guest
lop guest
User ID: 361850
06-19-2017 08:50 PM

LoP Guest  Wrote: (06-19-2017 08:45 PM)

Jhikpghf

Heartflowers

You are two sides of the same coin. chuckle

The difference is however that one of you would like to use the force of government to shut up the other. So, to be fair there is a difference. chuckle
Advertisement

Contact UsConspiracy Forum. No reg. required! Return to TopReturn to ContentRSS Syndication